WILD HORSE RUN
ANDREA HACKL [concept | choreography | dance]
IVAN SHOPOV – BALKANSKY | COOH [music]
- ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE
- GENERAL INFO [Production & Tour]
- COLLABORATING ARTISTS
- TECH RIDER – desired lighting, adaptable
- SKETCH for lights
- CONTACT [further info | bookings]
1. A PERFORMANCE ABOUT COURAGE & FREEDOM
- short: +/- 20 min ,
- full length: +/- 40 min
[from Latin cor: “heart”]
– the ability to do something that frightens one; bravery.
– strength in the face of pain or grief.
– the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, pain; bravery
– mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty
freedom free-duh -m
– the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint: – exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
– the power to determine action without restraint.
– political or national independence.
– personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery
– exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually followed by from): – the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
WILD HORSE RUN is a piece about Freedom and Courage.
WILD HORSE RUN invites its audience onto a “tour-de-force”, a journey that is powered by an inner fire, the ability to keep on going, to break through boundaries, a love for freedom.
WILD HORSE RUN is an ongoing evolution of cycles that seems to reach a breaking point but then takes its audience further to reach a vulnerable place, “naked”, stripped off any extra layers.
“Strong, physical, sensitive … no words !” – Atanas D. Maev, CEO of Derida Dance Company
3. GENERAL INFO
WILD HORSE RUN has been produced at DERIDA DANCE CENTER – awarded for BEST RESIDENCY in 2014.
WILD HORSE RUN has been created in collaboration with IVAN SHOPOV [BALKANSKY | COOH] a Bulgarian based musician & visual artist who is performing worldwide
& whose music has been released through some of the biggest labels.
WILD HORSE RUN had its well received premiere @ BODY_GRAPHICS FESTIVAL [Pernik, Bg], 27 SEPT 2016
and has been and will be presented at:
- Derida Dance Center (Sofia, Bg) Sept 2016
- Come Together #3 @ Frascati Theatre, Amsterdam (Nl), Jan 2017
- TOIHAUS Salzburg (Aut), Feb 2017
- De Gelderlandfabriek, (Colemburg, Nl), Mar 2017
- Theater Ins Blau (Leiden, Nl), Mar 2017
- LaborGras, Berlin (De), June 2017
- Festival Internacional de Danza Contemporanea de la Ciudad de Mexico, (Mex), Aug 2017
- Teatro Rua das Gaivotas6 (Lisboa, Pt), Sept 2017
4. COLLABORATING ARTISTS
ANDREA HACKL is based in Austria and the Netherlands and works as choreographer, dancer and teacher as well as video artist. Her work cherishes the power and poetry of dance & its physicality & is, most of all, a celebration of life.
She’s inspired by interdisciplinary work, by seeing how different fields can nourish and enrich one another. Her understanding of dance & movement got formed, enriched and deepened by conventional techniques as much as somatic & sensorial work.
She cherishes improvisation with musicians and has produced work in collaboration with scientists, mostly addressing the subject of human-nature relationships.
Over the last years she has produced various films, presented in Europe / Skandinavia, US and Asia and is exploring the medium of installation and hybrid installation performances.
Andrea Hackl has danced with companies like Emanuel Gat Dance, United C, Suzy Blok & Fabian Chyle and toured major venues and festivals world-wide.
IVAN SHOPOV is a Bulgarian / Sofia based music producer and visual artist (also known as Cooh / Balkansky). He has performed his music and exhibited his art throughout Europe, South America, Asia and Australia. Releasing his many projects for some of the biggest labels in the world, his music has reached all corners of the world. He is also emerging lector on creating electronic music, which found him a place in the music software company Ableton.
Ivan has composed the music for many dance productions (e.g.: Derida Dance Company, Bg.) He runs his own label: http://abcd.ivanshopov.com
5. TECH RIDER
1 – 4) -> floor lights from stage left, shining low, diagonally tow. [4-5]
5 – 8) -> floor lights, from stage left, shining diagonally up (in hight), tow. upstage [4-5]
9 – 12) -> lights from up high, stage right
13 – 16) -> lights from up high, stage left [4-5]
17) -> floor light / spot, from downstage corner, right
18) -> spot from left high, onto wall + floor (upstage, off-center, right)
19) -> spot from left right high, onto wall + floor (upstage, off center, right)
20) -> light corridor, up- to downstage, center stage, +/- 1,5 – 2 m
21) -> spot, left upstage corner (towards downstage), from high
22) -> spot, downstage right, towards left
23) -> back lights / silhouette
2 xlr cables
– SMOKE MACHINE
GENERAL SET UP
– black dancing carpet
– naked walls (no curtains)
[info | bookings]
http://www.andreahackl.com | email@example.com | +31-6-25435135
8. IMAGES [film stills]