WILD HORSE RUN
A PERFORMANDE ABOUT COURAGE & FREEDOM
[duration: +/- 40 min]
Andrea Hackl – concept, choreography, dance
Ivan Shopov [Balkansky | Cooh] – music
WILD HORSE RUN is a piece about Freedom and Courage.
WILD HORSE RUN invites its audience onto a “tour-de-force”, a journey that is powered by an inner fire, the ability to keep on going, to break through boundaries, a love for freedom.
“The performance WILD HORSE RUN is both, wild & touching in its subtlety.
Andrea Hackl’s movements are flowing, soft and, equally, powerful.
The music – composed by Ivan Shopov – elevating and rich in its many layers. This second layer of the work supports her intense physicality and accentuates the gentle and soft moments. Her dance – a ritual. Her story – the journey of a powerful woman.” – Ines Pariente / TOIHAUS Salzburg
“Strong, physical, sensitive … no words !” – Atanas D. Maev, CEO of Derida Dance Company
[from Latin cor: “heart”]
– the ability to do something that frightens one; bravery.
– strength in the face of pain or grief.
– the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, pain; bravery
– mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty
– the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint:
– exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc.
– the power to determine action without restraint.
– political or national independence.
– personal liberty, as opposed to bondage or slavery
– exemption from the presence of anything specified (usually followed by from):
– the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc.
created in collaboration with IVAN SHOPOV [BALKANSKY | COOH] who composed the music for this performance, a Bulgarian based musician and visual artist who’s performing world wide and whose music has been released through some of the biggest labels.
produced in frame of a residency at Derida Dance Center – awarded BEST RESIDENCY 2014.
premiered @ BODY_GRAPHICS FESTIVAL [Pernik, Bg], 27 SEPT 2016